Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Can I be allergic to silk?

If so, it's just one more thing on my Big List of Things That Make Me Break Out In Hives. Seriously, it's a wonder I don't spontaneously combust some days, for the number of things out there that make me itch or swell or sneeze or generally want to crawl out of my skin. The capelet I finished last week (and yes, of which I have not yet put up a picture) gave me a rash after wearing it against bare skin. The last time I had this reaction was when I wore the wristwarmers made from Noro Cash Iroha, which also has some silk content. I seem to be fine when wearing just plain wool stuff, so I don't think it's the wool fibers.

Gah. I think I'm going to be making a major investment in long-sleeved thin cotton shirts fairly soon. Anyone up for a trip to American Eagle?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i can not abide the smell of silk -- like all the blazers that are made of raw silk/woven silk? makes me totally sick, ick! ick ick!

pea.