Sunday, February 17, 2008

There's a surprising amount of random knitting time even in my day

Last week I rediscovered the therapeutic value of knitting. In the midst of an insane week that involved a midterm assignment, a quiz and some work wackiness, I still managed to stick to my running schedule, keep up with my readings, and eat some halfway decent meals. I'm finding that as long as I stick to a defined daily task list, I don't feel too overwhelmed and I can justify some knitting relaxation time dispersed throughout the day.

I have pretty small feet, so it only took about an hour and a half of train time to get through the majority of the foot of my Daffodil sock:

Daffodil sock #1 continues apace


I took the majority of the weekend off to give my eyes a rest from the computer, so quite a bit of work was done on the Secret Project:

Secret Project - 26 stitches left


There are about ten metres left in the third skein, and a tiny bit of the fourth will probably be needed to get this project off the needles.

And my little helper demanded an action shot for his portfolio:

Fox's preferred resting spot


That's an unfelted Kitty Pi bed that was intended for Molly, but it was claimed by Fox and I haven't had the heart to take it away from him.



February's stash reduction progress: 200 metres. The frogging of the Foliage hat technically hits me with a net addition to the stash, since the 100 metres I had knitted on the project in January is thrown back into the stash. I find that idea way too depressing, however, so I'm counting frogged projects as a net zero--no credit for additional knitting, no penalty for frogging.

No comments: