I was reasonably sure that I would get gauge with the yarn and the needle, so I started with a sleeve. That way, I could measure after 3 or 4 inches of knitting, ensure that I was on the right track, and not spend any precious knitting time on a gauge swatch. Luckily my very small gamble has paid off; my unwashed gauge is spot on, and this is a superwash wool that shouldn't shrink or grow significantly.
The yarn is Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sport in a semi-solid cranberry. I'm knitting the 39" size, which should give me about 2" of positive ease at the bust, and I'll have to make adjustments for a smaller waist and hip measurement.
Hopefully I can get it done before summer hits. I think this will be a good three-season garment, and it would be nice to be able to wear it a few times before the fall.

No comments:
Post a Comment